Winter Kaiseki Cooking Workshop
Winter Kaiseki Workshop
Saturday, December 9, 2017
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Instructor: Larry Sokyo Tiscornia and Kimika Soko Takechi
$45 JCCCNC Members
$55 General Public
Our popular seasonal Kaiseki cooking workshops consist of an elegant multi-course meal in the Kaiseki tradition using a menu of fresh ingredients to reflect the flavors and colors of each season. Our Winter Kaiseki Workshop features six dishes inspired by the foods of a Japanese New Year’s celebration! The workshop will be primarily taught through demonstration with participants providing the final, artistic touches to complete these fine Kaiseki dishes.
Winter Tasting Menu:
- Izumidai no Kobujime: Kelp Marinated Raw Tilapia
- Kaburamushi: Steamed Fish & Prawns Topped with Egg White and Grated Daikon Radish
- Sekihan: Red Beans and Rice – aka “Happy Rice”
- Subasu: Vinegar Pickled Lotus Root
- Kuromame: Sweetened Black Soy Beans
- Senmaizuke: Thousand Layer Pickled Radish