Winter 2018 Kaiseki Cooking Workshop – New Year’s Menu
Winter Kaiseki Workshop – New Year’s Menu
Saturday, December 8, 2018
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Instructor: Larry Sokyo Tiscornia and Kimika Soko Takechi
$45 JCCCNC Members
$55 General Public
Our popular seasonal Kaiseki cooking workshops consist of an elegant multi-course meal in the Kaiseki tradition using a menu of fresh ingredients to reflect the flavors and colors of each season. Our Winter Kaiseki Workshop is themed for the Oshogatsu (New Year’s) holiday and features six dishes and will be primarily taught through demonstration with participants providing the final, artistic touches to complete these fine Kaiseki dishes.
Winter Tasting Menu:
• Hamachi (yellow tail) sashimi
• Ozoni (New Year’s soup) with ground turkey dumpling, fish cake and mochi
• Furofuki daikon (simmered daikon radish with miso topping)
• Kohakunamasu (vinegared dressed carrots, daikon and dried persimmon)
• Sekihan (red beans and sweet rice – aka “happy rice”)
• Ichiban dashi (soup stock made with konbu kelp and katsuobushi shaved dried bonito)