Summer Kaiseki Cooking Workshop
Summer Kaiseki Workshop
Saturday, June 17, 2017
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Instructor: Larry Sokyo Tiscornia and Kimika Soko Takechi
$45 JCCCNC Members
$55 General Public
Our upcoming summer kaiseki cooking workshop will take you on a delectable journey through the fresh seasonal flavors of the emerging season in a traditional multi-course meal. The workshop will be primarily taught through demonstration with participants providing the final, artistic touches to complete these fine kaiseki dishes.
- Smoked Trout and Grilled Shishito Peppers with Tadezu (Water Pepper) Sauce
- Aosudofu – Green Pea “Tofu” made with Kuzu Starch
- Prawn Sunomono – Prawn and Seaweed Salad
- Takikomigohan – Mixed Rice with Corn and Shiso
- Ichiban Dashi – Soup Stock made with Konbu (Kelp) and Katsuobushi (Shaved Dried Bonito)