Fall Kaiseki Cooking Workshop
Fall Kaiseki Workshop
Saturday, September 9, 2017
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Instructor: Larry Sokyo Tiscornia and Kimika Soko Takechi
$45 JCCCNC Members
$55 General Public
Our upcoming fall kaiseki cooking workshop will take you on a delectable journey through the fresh seasonal flavors of the emerging season in a traditional multi-course meal. The workshop will be primarily taught through demonstration with participants providing the final, artistic touches to complete these fine kaiseki dishes.
- Maguro Sashimi (raw tuna) and Okra
- Awase Misoshiru (mixed Miso soup) with Kiritampo Dango (Kabocha squash rice dumplings)
- Nama Yuba (fresh tofu skin) and Chirimen Jako (baby half-dried sardines)
- Kinoko Gohan (seasonal mushroom rice)
- Ichiban Dashi – Soup Stock made with Konbu (Kelp) and Katsuobushi (Shaved Dried Bonito)