Explore all of the upcoming programs and events at the Center.
Winter Kaiseki Workshop
Saturday, December 14, 2019
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Instructor: Larry Sokyo Tiscornia and Kimika Soko Takechi
$45 Center Members
$55 General Public
Our popular seasonal Kaiseki cooking workshops consist of an elegant multi-course meal in the Kaiseki tradition using a menu of fresh ingredients to reflect the flavors and colors of each season. Our Winter Kaiseki Workshop features five light and elegant dishes that will also be themed around the Oshogatsu (New Year’s) holiday. The workshop will be primarily taught through demonstration with participants providing the final, artistic touches to complete these fine Kaiseki dishes. Easy to follow recipes will be provided.
Winter Tasting Menu:
- Shiromisakana no kubujime (kelp marinated white fish)
- Kaburamushi (steamed fish and prawns topped with egg white and grated daikon radish)
- Tatakigobo (burdock root in sesame dressing)
- Sekihan (red beans and rice – aka “happy rice”)
- Ichiban dashi (soup stock made with konbu kelp and katsuobushi shaved dried bonito fish)